Question
Posted by: JB | 2007/04/04

Insecurity at work - CS

I am an accountant, and our business activities have slow down to such an extent that we must retrench some workers, and we do not know what the future will hold. I have clinical depression and handle stress very badly, at the moment it is eating me up inside, I do not want to go to another company and start all over again or drive miles to work, the road gives me anxiety attacks.
I am now unable to function as I am compulsively thinking of the problem and I am experiencing alot of stress. What can I do?

I gather you are being badly affected by the uncertainty and the anxiety about the possibility of becoming retrenched. This would be a good time, especially using the company Medical Aid benefits, to see a good local shrink to review the management of your depression and to seek proper CBT style counselling to help you deal more effectively with this situation.
Haven\t got round to reading the cheese book, though I have encountered missing cheese at times.

1
Posted by: CP MOM | 2007/04/04

Please read the book Who moved my Cheese. It will help you so much.

CS have you read it ?

Its about these 2 mice and 2 "little people" who live in a maize. They have an abundance of cheese. The mice are wake-up and notice that the cheese is getting less and less and they go into the maize daily looking for new supply. The little people just stuff themselves every day no worry.

Then one day the cheese is finished and the mice move on to the next "store" but the little people sit hoping that the cheese will come back morning after morning. No amount of hunger or anything can make them go ino the maize or into the "unknown" then the one cannot stand the hunger anymore and he goes out alone and here and there he finds little bit by littlebit even when he goed back to get the other little person this refuses to leave....it's a small thin book but it teaches you a lot.

Good luck.

Reply to CP MOM