Question
Posted by: Insecure | 2008/01/14

Insecure,low self esteem,PLEASE HELP

Im about to get married for the second time. My future husband and myself really love each other and actually are wonderful couple,if only for my low self esteem, insecurities and fears. Im constantly afraid that he will realize that Im not good enough, that he will find someone more suitable or that he will just up and leave one day. He is constantly reassuring me but hes getting drained now,understandably so. Because of my behaviour I feel that he deserves better. This low esteem and insecurity has infiltrated every area of my life. I cant stand this anymore, Im so so tired of having this internal battle. Please help me appreciate and enoy this wonderful man and also just to live a better and more fulfilling life. Ive tried so many things(eg positive affirmations),but theres been very little or no improvement, PLEASE HELP ME. IM SO DESPERATE!

Fine --- you most probably will make a splendid couple, but you both deserve for you to have your low self-esteem dealt with, and CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) can deal with that very effectively and without taking very long about it. YOu can soon be the "better" you think he deserves. Simple positive affirmations aren't enough, but you definitely can learn to control these inaccurate and unpleasant negative thoughts and self-assessments, and regain equilibrium and happiness.