Question
Posted by: Nats | 2004/10/07

Insecure

My son is 20 months old. He sees his biological father every second sunday. The rest of the time, he is at home with me and his future step father.

He seems very insecure at times. He will not go to bed if you are not lying with him. he has his bottle with him whereever he goes, whether it is empy or not.

What would the signs be if he is insecure. What can i do to make the insecurity go away. He gets plenty of love at home. and plenty of attention.

Nats, let's see what our other mothers and parents think. It's a bit hard to teel exactly how someone is feeling at 120 months old, and you can't exactly discuss it with him. A child can show what we call Separation Anxiety is they're eeling insecutre, and not want to be separated from his mom. And youngtsers often attach to an object ( what we call a Transitional Object ) --- a bottle, blanket, toy ) to give themselves a sense of security. By giving him plenty of love and attention, you're surely doing the right things, and this phase should pass before too long.