Question
Posted by: Help | 2003/01/06

Insect bites

I have a problem with insect bites, whenever a misquito or fleas bite me it doesn't heal and end up turning into sores and leaves marks. What can i use as this itches tremendously and it looks like it spreades as well but i'm not 100% sure that it does as i also notice small pimples apearing elsewhere on my body after i'm bitten.

Thanx Doc

Help, it sounds like you have an overactive immune response against the insect bites. The best would be to apply antihistamine ointment as soon as you’re bitten and an antibiotic ointment as soon as it shows signs of becoming septic. If you’re worried, you can have your doctor take some blood to make sure nothing is the matter, but I doubt that it’s serious. The other good news is that it should eventually clear up. Good luck.

1
Posted by: anxious | 2003/01/06

Calasthetic cream is excellent for itchiness. I use it all the time for mosquito bites and it works straight away. You can get it from a chemist as an OTC.

Reply to anxious