Question
Posted by: Katie | 2004/10/20

Insect Bite??

Hi CD,

I noticed a bump on my upper arm about 3 months ago. I ignored it as I thought it was a pimple. The bump is still there, and about 3 weeks ago, while rubbing cream on my arms, it popped. I could feel the pop, and a lot of pus came out. The bump is still there, and its gotten hard. In the mornings - same story - pus comes out. I treated it with Dettol because I thought my clothes were causing the dirt to go in. Now I've covered it with a plaster and anti-septic cream. Should I have it checked out?

Katie, if it doesn’t clear up by the end of the week the safest would be to see your doctor about it. In the meantime you can continue using the antiseptic cream. Good luck.