Question
Posted by: Esme | 2004/11/04

INNOCENTLY HANDED OVER TO ATTORNEYS

I paid of a loan at African Bank. Some time last year I asked for a statement over their counter. I went home and check the regular payments which went of regularly by debit order from my salary. There were a lot of errors on the statement. On the statement were proof that they received payments every month and without any reason they handed me over to the attorneys. Ive got proof of regular payments on my statements and payslips. Since they handed me over to the attorneys interests were added to the original monthly payments. The original term on the loan was 48 months. I was suppose to get a refund from a previous loan aswell which I didnt get, they transfer it to this loan. They also went 17 payments past the original 48 term. I have spoken to several African Bank consultants and not one of them took me seriously or could help me. I was send from the one consultant to the next for the past 1 and a half year. Only 2 weeks ago the case was taken seriously and they gave me the refunds I deserve and because I was innocently handed over to attorneys and innocently put on the blacklist they busy to remove my name from the blacklist and credit buro. What I want to know from you is can I still take legal action against African Bank for handed an innocent person over to attorneys and for blacklisting my name as well for all the inconvenience they caused me by keep me hanging on for more than a year before the case was taken seriously and the way I was treated as a customer

Expert ImageArchive

I would suggest you write to the Financial Onbusdman. You can contact the Financial Service Board for the address. Ask the Onbudsman to help you.