Posted by: Sharon | 2008/08/28

Inner thighs

Hi I had to stop running since January as I have nerves pinching on L4 and L5 and I now have picked up weight especially my inner thighs. What exercises can I do to target this area that works. I have started walking again but need to loose weight especially in this area.

Dear Sharon
I am sorry to hear about your pinched nerves which can be extremely painful. Because you have this problem, it is essential that you consult a biokineticist to assist you with the correct exercise programme. The biokineticist will have to take the nerve pinching into account because it won't help if you slim your inner thighs but make your back worse. You can check the Yellow Pages for biokineticists and most towns with a university have biokineticists at their sports centre (e.g. UCT, UP, Potch, etc).