Question
Posted by: lilo | 2004/11/13

inner thighs

Do you know of any exercises i can do for my inner thighs?

Hi Lilo

Cardio is the way to go for this. Now that you know what cardio is, you can implement in your training! You see, the truth is that you cannot "spot reduce". That is, you can't really try and reduce the fat around your inner thighs by just doing exercises for those areas. This kind of exercise, using specific muscles only, actually burns fewer calories than exercising large muscles groups in dynamic cardiovascular exercise such as walking, jogging, running, swimming or cycling, as I mentioned in response to your previous question. In order to burn the fat, you need to do these types of cardiovascular exercises as least 4 - 5 times a week for at least 30 - 45 minutes. This will help to increase the amount of calories that you use and help to decrease your body fat.

Lastly, keep in mind that this is a very common problem, and changes in certain areas can happen very slowly, because some people do just have a specific distribution of fat, and it can be hard to fight against this.

However, be patient and keep at it!