Question
Posted by: mimi | 2004/11/23

inlaws - now I am fed up !!

Hi to all
What the hell is it with men and their families ??? I am married for 7 years , 2 kids , we were on the edge of a divorce because of family issues , now the problem is with his family , he can not let go of them . We are currently seeing a marraige counsellor , the main issue is the family , he does not "like" any of my family members and when ever I ask my mom to look after the kids (it only happened twice) he has got a major issue with it and tells me that the kids should rather have stayed with his sister , we are looking at a new house to buy , we sat down and made all our calculations and descided we are going ahead with the purchase , he went to his brother in law on friday and when he came back he told me that he does not think it is a good idea to buy the new house because his brother in law said so , for goodness sake , the contract is already sighned and after all who is byuing this house , myself and my hb or my hb and his brother in law ? , christmas time is around the corner , we are at home (but if his sister phoned the 24 , I can promise u that we will pack our bags and go) , so my sister phoned me and asked if they can come over (1 st time in our history) , I told my hb and he just kept quiet , and said he will think about it , oooohhh plse , when ever his with his family his whole personality changes , plse give me some advice how to handle this . I am realy fed up !!

I really think these issues need detailed discussion with your amrriage counsellor, and hesitate in interfere in that process.

5
Posted by: daisy | 2004/11/24

Well shit..I feel sorry for your family-in-law Ms sister-in-law your above comment really is pathetic..shame

Reply to daisy
Posted by: Sister-in-law | 2004/11/24

Let me tell u something missy - Im sure ur husband behaves that way only cause u prob. treat his family like crap!! I've seen it a million times with my brothers wife. All sweet on the top...THEN...the true person comes out when her family visits! Whispering in the quite, ignoring us, giving us attitute. yet we try so hard to accomadate you!!! So please there is always 2 sides to a story - Bet if i had a chat with ur in-laws they would confirm the whole attitude thing. Eventually we the in-laws also get fed up. They give you the same attitude u give us. And just by the way, the only reason they speak to you is cause of your hubby. You people think that u can just rule our brothers!?! Well think again! Its best the 2 of you go for a divorce because chances are that u are NOT worth it. "Let go of his family" - You were only there for 7 years and NOT his whole life. Get a life cow...

Reply to Sister-in-law
Posted by: Zaza | 2004/11/23

I agree with you Mimi, i've got the same problem and it took me a while to learn how to hadle them now I don't even bother myself to visit or call them his the one that will call not me. Last month I was admitted to hospital not even one of them came to visit me even if I was discharge, they did show me that they don't care about me so I don't care about them anymore.
Date:23/11/2004

Reply to Zaza
Posted by: koko | 2004/11/23

Hi mimi, girl, don't worry, if he shows no love for your family do the same with his own family and see how he reacts, if he does not your family to visit, just pack grl go and spend christmas with your family show him a lesson he will never forget. and for that house did he marry u or his brother in law? just ask him that, if i were you lady, he would have been seen the true coulour by now. goodluck girl.

Reply to koko
Posted by: Kernel | 2004/11/23

Unfortunately you cannot just wipe family from the earth as if they do not exist. You two have to compromise if you want your marriage to work. Either you see your families on alternative occasions or you don't see any family at all - it is a 50/50 split - and he must accept it.

Why don't you discuss this issue with the counseller you are currently seeing?

Reply to Kernel