Question
Posted by: lebo | 2007/08/23

inlaws believe lies they heard about me

my inlws abused me financialy while my hubby was not working always makes me feel guilty all the time when they are around like we are thin because we have no food and you guys are gaining weight everyday, I decided to give them my money now my huby is working they no more care about me nor call to check me how we r doing and so but before they send pls call me everyday, their cousin told them that I was abusing my huby and all lots of lies and maybe they r angry because of the lies or maybe something to scared to aproach them, I hate argurments.

I hope other readers can make useful comments here. Sounds like your in-laws should understand that if they're not grateful for the funding you provided for them, you have no obligations whatsoever to fund them at all. Sensible of you to dislike arguments. Maybe limit your contacts with them, and don't allow their opinions to matter so much to you ?

4

Just there is a Lebo posting on the pregnancy site and the parenting site thought it might be the same person. When psoting you should be able to site all the other site on the side.

Eg Parenting corner
Pregnancy chatline so on.

Posted by: lebo | 2007/08/23

which side Anon I am not pregnant, I posted this today from my colleque computer here only where is the pregnancy side, not ready to have another child.

Reply to lebo

Are you the same Lebo from the pregnancy site.

Posted by: ME | 2007/08/23

You guys must stay away from those people, even if it means geographically moving. Keep them away from you life and interact with them only when you have to. e.g when there's serious matter like a funeral. Stay away from the parties etc. The less the see/interact with you the better for your marriage. The first mistake you made was to invite them into your marriage by giving them money. One thing for sure is that "you are not their family". They will be nice to you when it suits them. I hope your hubby is not giving them money!!! One last thing people will always talk, so don't be bothered by what they say. Small minds discuss people. If you are being talked about, it shows that you are alive. Just be the best wife to your hubby and don't care about being the best makoti.....ok. they can go to hell. At the end of the day you and your hubby have your own family and what goes on there is none of their business...Eish, they must get a life!

Reply to ME