Question
Posted by: Maria | 2007/03/06

Injuries, neck & coccyx

I fell off my horse at fairly high speed, landing at my coccyx. Got a Voltaren injection, Arthrotec tablets for 5 days and some painkillers. After six days the muscles in my buttocks are still in spasm and my neck is also still quite stiff. Had two physio sessions. How long can I expect an injury like this to take before it is healed? What can I do to promote healing?

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Maria
If your neck is painful after a fall, Get it Xrayed. even though you didn't do a chris Reeves and land on your head, there can be other injuries. The coccyx can also be broken so exclude a fracture there also.
Dr P