Question
Posted by: Twinkle | 2005/07/25

Injection overdue, used pill, Am I at risk to fall pregnant

Been on the injection for quite some time now and my due date was on Friday the 22nd of July. I wasnt able to get to my family planning clinic on time and they were closed on Sat. In the interm I decided to take the pill (Nordette) just for the weekend. I always use a condom but I'm concerned that the pill might have a cancellation effect on the injection seeing that it is a different hormone. What are the possibilties of falling pregnant in this case. Should I be taking a Morning after pill just in case.

The Pill will not cancel the injection but you would not have been protected by the pill anyway as it takes 7 days to work. If you are a few days late with the injectable, you should still be covered. I hope that you have had it by now.