Question
Posted by: Tweety | 2005/12/12

Injection for overweight

I heard about an injection one can use to loose weight. What is the name of such injection, how do you qualify for it and what is the side-effects?

Dear Tweety,
You can only lose weight if you eat less and excercise more - injections are usually anecdotal treatment not proven by clinical trials. There are good appetite suppressants on the market - ask your GP to prescribe one for you if you are seriously overweight. If not, get some tips with diet doc on this website and good luck!

1
Posted by: LZ | 2005/12/13

My brother is using such an injection at this time. Unfortunately I do not know the name. But what I can say is that it is combined with a very strict diet (90g protein/ day and no carbohydrates) and closely monitored by a doctor. It costs in the viccinity of R1600 p/m. The injection increases your metabolism, but the strict diet cause the weightloss. He lost 16 kg in the first month.

Reply to LZ