Question
Posted by: @>->- | 2007/03/23

injection for birth control

dear doc
can you please tell me about the injection a girl can go to for birth control?i heard it is every three months and doesnt cost much.can you please tell me how it works,how effective,where i can get the injection,and how long after the first injection can me and my fiancee start having sex without him using a condom? and if we plan a family one day, for how long must i not get the injection?
have a splendid weekend

Dear @>->-
You can get this at any contraceptive municipal clinic or GP - called Depo Provera, it is very effective and forms a "plug" in the mouth of the womb and makes the womb unfavourable for the inplantation of a fertilized egg. You should wait for at least 2 weeks before having unprotected sex and it can take up to 1 year to get fertile again after stopping it.
See http://www.depoprovera.com/vc-prospect-user.asp

2
Posted by: ? | 2007/03/26

You can also go to your local municipal clinic or hospital where you can get the injection for free!
Just watch out, it gives you appetite and you will pick up weight..... but NO menstruating!!!!! nice

Reply to ?
Posted by: C. | 2007/03/24

I may be able to help here. It's called DepoProvera. You have it every three months and in that time you will not have periods which is a HUGE plus for most women. You can get it from your clinic (most pharmacies have one), or your GP. I have no idea how much it costs, my medaid pays for mine. The injection is active immediately afterwards, and I found the best time to have your first injection is about ten days after your period started, or five to ten days after your last day. When I got it while menstruating, I spotted the rest of the three months, and couldn't have sex. It is said the injection is 99% effective. I was on Depo for about three years and it took me six months to get pregnant when I stopped.

Reply to C.