Question
Posted by: does it work | 2007/07/11

injection diet

HI Doc,

Just wanted to know ur views on these injection diets that everyone talks about.

Is it safe & how does it actually work to get you to loose weight??

Thnx

Dear Thnx
I am highly sceptical if the slimming injections actually contain anything that is effective to make people lose weight. What usually happens is that the injections (whatever they contain!) are dispensed with a diet that causes weight loss because it is either a starvation diet or a high-protein, high-fat Atkins-type diet (check with your friend what he has been told to eat). Such diets do cause weight loss, but there is a tendency to regain all the weight that is lost once the person reverts to normal eating (it's very difficult to stick to such diets). The most sensible solution for weight loss is still to use a low-fat balanced diet and daily aerobic exercise.

1
Posted by: Shadow | 2007/07/22

Okay I've tried the Slender Wonder programme (that's what it's called) and it is working great so far. Pls note I do not represent them, I'm a genuine patient. It's not high protein or high anything, it's a sensible no fat, no added sugar diet with lots of supplements to keep you going and boost metabolism. How does losing 4 kg a week sound? I like it. It's not hard to stick to either. I feared the injections but they are tiny insulin needles and after the first one I wasn't afraid any more. Because of the supplements you don't get hungry or weak once the 3-day detox is over (the detox is a bit rough, fruit and water only).
You could go and buy all the supplements separately in the pharmacy I suppose, but that would cost even more.

Reply to Shadow