Posted by: mm21 | 2008/09/02

injection contraceptive/pregnancy

Before i go to a doctor etc, I would see what you have to say or advise me.

I have been on the contraceptive injection since feb/march of this year. I am in a serious relationship and have a regular and healthy sex life. About a month and a half ago I was hospitalized and when they operated they found i had a burst cyst on my ovaries, which is ok now, and i have since been given a perfect bill of health by my gynae a month ago.

For about a week and a half i have been experiencing some terrible nausea both during the night and every few mornings and sometimes all day. I have been urinating much more frequently than usual and am having to get up at night to go to the toilet about 2 or 3 times. I am quite moody and emotional. I have also had bad heartburn.

I took a pregnancy test last week in the evening and it came up negative. I was due for my contraceptive injection yesterday which i went for. Do you think that the contraception could be deceiving the test results and if i was pregnant would the fact that i had my injection cause a problem?

Please help/advise

The injection does not affect the pregnancy test. Your symptoms could be side effects of the injection. They could also indicate a bladder infection. It might be best to have this checked by a doctor.