Question
Posted by: Corrie | 2007/05/30

Inhaling cold air

Is it good to inhale cold air after a training session in the winter?

Hi Corrie

it's neither good or bad. Some people don't do well in the cold, because cold air causes a reflex response where your airways actually tighten up and in some people, it means they just can't breathe properly. But that's during the session, I'm not sure about AFTER, as you've asked. There's no reason to suggest that this would make any difference, either good or bad, some for during. I'm not sure if that's a practice that has become more popular among people? But I wouldn't do it - not because it's bad, just because it doesn't do anything!