Posted by: Javier | 2008/08/12

Inguinal ligament pain!

Hi Doctor

A few months ago I saw my GP and told him I felt pain in my left testicle that radiated towards my hip. He gave me antibiotics and told me it was problably epidydimitis. Two weeks later I went back to him with the same pain. He checked me for inguinal hernia and then noticed that it was my inguinal ligament that was the source of the pain. I was given loxiflam and the pain slowly subsided. However, it comes and goes quite regularly.

My question is: If it is a ligament that is the source of pain, could I ask my GP to refer me to a physiotherapist to help strengthen it? Or will I just have to manage the pain with anti-inflammatories?

Thank you!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Javier
I agree with you, seeing a physiotherapist would be much better on the long term if it is ligament related. With testis pain, we usually examine the testis for lumps, and do a sonar and urine test to exclude any testis problems.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.