Posted by: Javier | 2008/08/12

Inguinal ligament pain!

Hi Doctor

A few months ago I saw my GP and told him I felt pain in my left testicle that radiated towards my hip. He gave me antibiotics and told me it was problably epidydimitis. Two weeks later I went back to him with the same pain. He checked me for inguinal hernia and then noticed that it was my inguinal ligament that was the source of the pain. I was given loxiflam and the pain slowly subsided. However, it comes and goes quite regularly.

My question is: If it is a ligament that is the source of pain, could I ask my GP to refer me to a physiotherapist to help strengthen it? Or will I just have to manage the pain with anti-inflammatories?

Thank you!

Dear Javier
I agree with you, seeing a physiotherapist would be much better on the long term if it is ligament related. With testis pain, we usually examine the testis for lumps, and do a sonar and urine test to exclude any testis problems.