Posted by: In Pain | 2012/09/13

Ingrown Pubic Hair

I think I have an ingrown pubic hair on my bakini line on the inside thigh. It is very painful and looks like a very large swollen red blister without a head. Obviously because of the location it is painful to walk as any movement causes pressure. Is there anything that I can do at home to help it heal itself? I tried using a mirror to get a better look but cant use tweezers on the blister - i dont want to do more damage. Would it help if i got an antibiotic cream from the pharm??

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

You can use an antibiotic cream, like Bactroban but I do suggest that you rather consult your doctor for an examination and drainage of the abscess. You might also need a course of oral antibiotics. Please do not squeeze the abscess.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.