Question
Posted by: Jay-P | 2006/10/30

ingrown hair treatment

I was using Benzamysine to treat my ingrown hairs (along with a fashionable beard). It has apparently been taken off the market. I used to use a product called Benzaclin [Clindamysine...] in the U.S., but locally the pharmacists have never heard of it.Could you give me the name of an equivalent medication? Thank you.

Expert ImageArchive

There is no similar product that contains benzoyl peroxide and erythromycin. Benzaclin is not available in SA. Try Panoxyl5 and see how it goes. Panoxyl5 contains benzoyl peroxide. Erythromycin is an antibiotic and the role of an antibiotic in ingrown hair is debatable.