Question
Posted by: debra | 2008/01/28

Ingrown hair

Thanks Doc for taking time to answer my posting.

I have had a problem with ingrown hair around my pubic area for about 10 years now. Sometimes it gets so bad that the pore becomes a big red very painful pimple. At first I even thought it was herpes but the doc said these pimples are outside my vagina and rooted from my pores. I do shave.

How can I stop this problem as it's quite embarassing and leaving my pubic area with dark spots?

Dear Debra
Shaving can cause ingrown hair with secondary infection. Try rather going for a bikini wax or use the sensitive Veet hair removal cream ( test first on your skin ) Treat any infection early with Bactroban ointment.

2
Posted by: Celia | 2008/01/28

oh thanks for the answer Doc I hadnt seen it!

Reply to Celia
Posted by: Celia | 2008/01/28

I have exactly the same problem but for even longer than you, maybe 17 years. I can't NOT remove the hair cos it looks disgusting, and mine goes on my tummy and on my inner thighs. I try every method - waxing, creams, shaving you name it. I get ingrowns regardless of the method. I'm a black woman, our curly hair is a problem.

I hope the Doc can help us! Is it a sign of a fungal infection?

Reply to Celia