Question
Posted by: Kerry | 2004/01/16

Ingrown Hair

Hi. Please can you advise me on the prevention AND treatment of ingrown hairs. I have been waxing for many years, and exfoliate most nights, but still suffer with terrible ingrown hair, but only on my right bikini area and right inner thigh. I know the answer is just to pick the hair with a pin and tweezer it out, but mine are so hard I can never see the hair! Is there anything i can do to ease the pain?

Expert ImageArchive

It is important for you to moisturize and prevent any infection after waxing. Allow the bikini area to calm down completely, use a soothing and anti-bacterial natural gel called Sutherlandia Gel. When you next wax ensure that you use the Sutherlandia Gel twice daily to moisturize and prevent infection. The moisturizing will keep the hair and skin softer so as to not grow in, as well as reduce the irritation.
(Dr Chase Webber ND)