Question
Posted by: Ash | 2004/02/17

Ingroei toonnael

Hi Doc, gee asb raad. My dogter se een groot toonnael hou aan ingroei. Die toonnael bloei en sig kom daar uit. Om die ingroei te knip is baie seer en dit groei net weer terug. Is daar enige oplossing hiervoor? Dankie.

Ash, die beste is om die toonnael te laat uitgroei want as jy dit sny, groei dit net weer later in. sy moet haar toon/voet 3x/d in warm Savlon™ water week vir so 15 minute op ‘n slag. Dit sal help om die infeksie te beperk en die toon sag hou. Dit behoort dan binne ‘n week of twee uit te groei. Jy kn ook die mense wat naels doen vra om vir haar ‘n strokie op die nael te plak wat die nael uit die hoeke trek. Sterkte.

10
Posted by: deidre | 2016/07/06

Hi i have a ingrow toenail. It so sore i just want to cry. I can take it anymore and it is to cold to wear open shoes. I a going to cut it and if it grows back then i will just do it again. I cant take it anymore

Reply to deidre
Posted by: Willie | 2015/04/26

Ek het raad vir ingroei toonnaels. Die dokter het drie keer my ingroei toonnaels uitgesny maar elke keer het dit bly ingroei. Dit is baie seer ek weet. Toe gee iemand my eendag raad dat ek die boonste ronding van die toonnael gereeld moet vyl met 'n vyltjie en ek het dit begin doen en gevyl tot amper by die vleis onder die toonnaal. Onthou vyl op die middel ronding van die toonnael gereeld dat die kante met tyd effens begin lig. So het ek dit gereeld gedoen (ongeveer 3 keer 'n week). Ek vyl nou so eenkeer elke tweede week en ek het ongeveer vier jaar gelede laas 'n ingroei toonnael gekry. Dit werk vir my so probeer dit gerus.

Reply to Willie
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/09/22

Goeie more, Ja nee 'n ingroei toonnael is baie erg. Is daar dalk 'n dr wat kan help om die tonnnael ooptesny?. Ek het my groot toonnael so kort gesny met die doel om die probleem te kry, maar ek sien niks nie. Maar ek kan glad nie toe skoene dra nie, die drukking is te erg. Ek hoop iemand kan my dalk help xx Baie dankie

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/04/28

If I may ask did u get a sulotion ???

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/04/22

hi, I have a son who had his toenail removed twice, first it was cut into half and the second time it was removed completely. That was about 2 years ago, but it looks like the toenail doesn't heal. His toe is always covered with blood, but he says it doesn't hurt. why does it take so long to heal, and that boy doesn't like to walk bare feet because he has a hemi hypertrophy, that's his right hand side, So everything is a bit bigger than the left side. what can I do to help him?

Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/06/05

ek sal dit waardeer as u vir my kan laat weet waar ek van daardie strokies wat jy op die nael plak kan kry asb dankie

Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/04/11

Is 55 en het nou vir die eerste keer in my lewe 'n ingroei toonnael - Herbazone se Reconstructive Cream help baie vir die pyn

Posted by: 007 | 2004/02/18

I know just how painful that is - poor gal !
Use a good magnifying glass to inspect the toenail thoroughly to find the exact part of the nail that is inflicting the harm. Freeze the toe in a glass of ice water - refresh with lots and lots of ice! (Perhaps you could even add savlon or dettol).
Use a good quality cutting tool. A normal sissors sometimes only does more damage. Toe nails are thick. I use an electricians minature electronic cutters - strong, small and sharp.
Oh, perhaps the Doc could recommend a potent painkiller to be taken well in advance of the op.
Good Luck.

Reply to 007
Posted by: MoBy | 2004/02/18

Hey Ash.

All my sympathy to your daughter. I know it's very sore and uncomfortable to have an ingrowing toenail! By the way, how old is your daughter?

I had my one toenail cut about 7 years ago and I had my other toenail cut and afterwards removed (about 5-6 year ago). It is not the nicest of experiences, but considering the pain that one goes through while the nail is in the flesh....anything will do!

The very first time I had it cut. It was damn sore, but a relief in the end. Not too long after that, the nail grew into the meat again. The doctor then decided to remove the nail completely.

It grew in once again after that and I had it removed again. After that I never had a problem again. My other toe (the one that was only cut and not removed) sometimes still gives problems, but after being to the doctor three times, I tend to do it myself these days. Well, in my case it will perhaps happen so once every 6-9 months. But I do the "operation" myself:-)

I try not to cut my nail so short anymore. i keep the edges in front outside the flesh. If you cut it too short, the edges will grow into the flesh because of the pressure that is put on the toe caused by the shoe.

I would suggest that your daughter wear open toe shoes for a while to take the pressure off the toe and let the nail grow.

I dont want to make this message too long but if you would like some more information or more detail, you can e-mail me at: moby_chat@yahoo.com
I will be happy to help you, as I know what it feels like.

Good luck and all the best.

~M~

Reply to MoBy
Posted by: MoBy | 2004/02/18

Hey Ash.

Good luck and all the best.

~M~

Reply to MoBy