Question
Posted by: ZWEETA | 2007/03/02

INFO ON XENICAL

is there any side effects on xenical? how long can one take it? can you lose existing fat thats in the body, or do you only pass the fat that has been consumed? do i take it on a daily vasis or only when fat is in my meal? if so, how long can one have weight loss. my husband has promised me a tummy tuck once i get to goal. ihave started taking Xenical to help. THANKS. please help.

Hi Zweeta
It blocks absorbtion in the gut, so you may have smelly oily stools and windiness while taking it. Eventually you lose fat because you start using up the fat that is already in your body. You can take it for up to 3 months without problems but it does affect the absorbtion of your fat soluble vitamins ( for your eyes and skin and clotting factors) so don't use it too long.