Question
Posted by: Sue | 2007/02/20

Info on taebo

I started with taebo last week & was just wondering should I do it everyday or does it depend on myself?

I know it's a silly question, but when will I begin to see results.

Hi Sue

It depends, but everyday is probably a bit much for most people. Most people can do probably 5 or 6 days a week, especially if they are also working. Your body needs that rest and recovery period and so it's really vital that you have at least one day, preferably 2, of easier or no training at all. To begin with, I would say limit it to 4 days a week - that means training one day, resting one day, so that your body can recover.

As you get fitter, you can start increasing the number of sessions per week - first to 5, and then if needed, to 6. So that would be my advice.

As for how long, I would give it at least 3 months. I know that probably makes you disappointed, but my advice is that you must focus on fitness first, weight later. So if your goal for the first 2 months is to get fitter, then at least you have a measurable goal that you can work towards. And I can assure you that you will notice changes to your fitness levels and that should inspire you. Later on, get on the scale and see how it's going, but keep the focus simple - get fi first, and the rest will come!

Ross