Question
Posted by: DESPARATE | 2005/07/10

Info on expert for endometriosis

Could you please help me with information on a gynae who is an expert on endometriosis and fertility problems?
I live in Vanderbijlpark and in this area we are not blessed with such an expert ( not as far as I was able to find out).
I have been struggling with these problems for quite a few years now, and the treatment I received from a gynae in Vereeniging, was insufficient.
My GP is starting to suggest that I go for a historectomy. I am not yet willing to do this, as I am only 35 years old and still want to have children (if possible).

The person to consult would be a fertility expert. There are a number of fertility clinics in Johannesburg and it may mean a visit there.

1
Posted by: TK | 2005/07/11

If you like you can see Dr AM Cloete in Vereeniging - He is situated in Medi-Clinic on the 1st floor. He helped me with my endo and I did not ovulate due to insulin, and within 3 months he got me ovulating and we are ready to conceive now. So for me he is highly recommended, he also specialise in fertility. Although your medical aid will not cover him in full as he charge more that medical aid rates, but I pay that money with a smile. Your first visit will costs R140.00 for the consultation and if he does a scan he will send you the bill, mine was about R250.00 extra after I paid the R140.00.

Reply to TK