Question
Posted by: bongi | 2005/07/28

info menengitis

at the age of 10,my daughter sufferedfrom menengitis.I then took her to doctor,she was then taken to red cross in cape town.it was treated,but now I cannot help but to think that the way she is now,maybe the after effects are taking place.I dont know,you can correct me.she's very stubborn,chicky always moody.does not want to look for work,does not want to do anything,she just want to receive all the time.talking to her does not work.she has two kids.we dont speak now,please help

desparate

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Bongi,

It is unlikely that the meningitis has caused your daughter's behavoural problems. I don't know how old your duaghter is, but can I recommend that you direct your questions to the "Teen Expert". Even if she is no longer a teen, he will most likely be able to help you understand her behaviour.

1
Posted by: karabo | 2005/08/04

hi doc

my husband was attacked by menengitis on the last week of may , he was in hospital for 14 days and he was given antibiotics and ather treatment,he was released and again the last weeek of july he was attacked again and he now till in hospital , what i want to know is can menengitise be cured and how, whatcan i give him when he come home from hospital, what kind of life does he have to live ,mustn he change his lifestyle.

Reply to karabo