Question
Posted by: denis | 2004/09/21

inflammed larynx,irritable ears and sinuses and dizziness

I have had the following symtoms for the past 9 months. First I had a sore throat when eating and dirty furry tongue and was given antibiotics and then treated for reflux. My ears and neck particularly below the ears became highly irritable/sensitive and began to suffer from mild bouts of dizziness and was given prednisonewhich relieved the symtoms but returned immediately after completion of the medication. Recently my sinuses especially in my forehead have also got this irritable feeling leading to dizziness. I occasionally suffer from mild bouts of hayfever and on my last consultation with a specialist a month ago I still have a red and inflammed larynx and my mucous lining is puffy and blue in colour. I was giving a nasal spray Budesonide but to no avail. After prolonged use of the spray my condition was aggravated. My tongue is still furry and white in colour. The occasional bouts of dizziness,irritable ears,neck and sinuses cause fatigue and all I want to do is sleep. My right ear also suffers from an occasional high pitch ringing sound.

Denis, I suppose you want me to make a diagnosis. It sounds like it might be due (partially at least) to an allergy and reflux. The problem is that I can’t really make a diagnosis without being able to examine you first. The best would be to take all the reports and test results and see a good specialist physician. Good luck.

1
Posted by: John | 2004/09/30

Do your ears also "pop" when you swallow,and is it difficult to swallow

Reply to John