Posted by: Anon | 2008/06/19

Inflammation of the skin (face)

The skin on my cheeks (just below my eyes) gets inflamed during the day. And I usually get pimples in this area. The pimples are quite large, and generally below the skin's surface. Is there something that I am allergic to maybe?
This occurs even when I don't use make-up. In the mornings my skin is ok, but as the day prgresses, it get's worse.

What can i do about this problem.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Anon
If it comes and goes it may well be an allergic reaction. Try taking Loratidine 1 at night and see if this gets better? Otherwise ask your GP to refer you to a dermatologist?
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Jan | 2008/06/19

This sounds like Rosacea to me. As the Doc suggested a referral to a dermatologist seems sensible. There are topicals that will be effective. Also, do not scrub your skin...use a gentle cleanser and tepid water--not hot or cold. Also pat skin dry, don't rub.

There are many triggers for Rosacea including heat, cold, spicy foods, sunshine among others.

Good luck.

Reply to Jan

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.