Question
Posted by: denis | 2004/02/18

inflamed throat, dizziness and ringing ears

I have the above symtoms for the past 2 months and have been prescribed antibioatics which did not help. I was then given prednisone which cleared the symtoms but after a couple of days returned. My main concern is the extent of the ringing sound in both ears and the associated dizzy spells(light headed) My sore throat extends to the ring at the larynxs I personally feel that I have some sort of infection of my middle ear as my left ear is sore when i chew hard on my teeth. please can you help.

Denis, I have to agree with your diagnosis – from this side of the screen it sounds like you have a middle ear infection and maybe sinusitis too. It might be that you were just given the wrong antibiotic or too little of the correct one, so the best would be to see your doctor again. Another option would be to see an ENT specialist and get his opinion. Good luck.