Posted by: debbie | 2008/11/04

inflamed red spots on face

i once received a tip about red inflamed spots that women get on their faces which burn and are itchy..can you please tell me what i can use for this

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Debbie, thank you for the question.

This is a difficult question to answer over the internet and your best option would be to consult a dermatologist or your family doctor who can examine the skin and recommend the appropriate treatment. There are a number of possibilities from dermatitis, eczema, fungal infections, reactions to the sun or medication, etc. As a general rule an over the counter anti-fungal and/or over the counter steroid cream may alleviate the symptoms you are experiencing.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.