Posted by: Lisa | 2012/03/08

inflamed gland in groin

I have had a lump in my groin for a number of months now. Home remedies made the matter worse, I went to the doctor a month ago. He gave me antibiotics to clear the infection, but it had no effect what so ever. I went back a week ago to have it removed in the surgery, but apparently the only thing that was removed was an abses which formed. It has totally drained now, I came to work today for the first time without a plaster, and I am back to square one. The lump is the same size and just as tender as before. What should I do?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


You will have to consult a general surgeon to have the lump removed. If it is an inflamed lymph node, the doctor will sent it away to have a hystological diagnosis made. Treatment will depend on the diagnosis.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.