Question
Posted by: Les | 2004/10/19

Inflamed foot of 84 year-old mother

My very healthy mother is suffering from an inflamed foot. She doesn't have a medical aid and patiently waits for appointments at the Pretoria academic hospital. Her next appoinment is in two weeks time but I'm worried about the inflamation in her foot, that is going up into her leg. The initial diagnosis is that a nerve between the bones of her left foot is being pinshed. How best can I help her?

Les, it sounds more like an infection than inflammation from this side of the screen and the best would be to contact her doctor at the hospital and ask him to see her earlier. Good luck.