Question
Posted by: Angie | 2008/01/09

Inflamed anus

My Oriental had a very bad running tummy. She had a course of antibiotics. The running tummy is now under control, but her anus is inflamed from her cleaning herself. Is there anything I can do to help her.

An antibacterial containing a steriod cream will be effective (available from your vet). Placing an Elizabethan collar around her neck will also stop her licking herself.

2
Posted by: Martie | 2008/01/10

You can buy Germicidal Barrier Ointment by F10 from the vet or these new Vet Petshops one sees nowadays. Its about R30-R40.

Reply to Martie
Posted by: Melbalina | 2008/01/09

Hi Angie. There is a gel one can buy from your vet (the name escapes me - I am sure one of the other readers will know of it) - you apply it on and around the anus to provide relief and reduce inflammation. Try and keep your kitty busy for about 20 mins after each application to give it time to work.

Reply to Melbalina