Posted by: butterfly | 2008/10/09

Infertility depressing me

Hi all

Im highly depressed I just found out Im infertile its killing me inside Im 26 dont have any kids &  Im unmarried me &  my boyfriend have been trying for the past year to concieve with no luck &  I decided to see a doctor who concluded im infertile. I wish I had some hope I dont know how to handle this situation it hurts so much. My boyfriend is so supportive accepts me the way I am but thats just not enough for me.What did I do to deserve this? :(

Sorry to hear about your disappointing news. Infertility is more commonn than most people think, and can feel devastating to someone who really wants to bear children of their own. You have done nothing to deserve this, any more than you deserve to be as tall as you are or to have your colour of hair or eyes. It happens. DO see a good counsellor to work through your feelings about this, and explore some options ( such as adoption ). And if the conclusion that you were infertile was made even by a good GP, do see a specialist gynaecologist with an inetrest in fertility problems, to be sure.

Posted by: deee | 2008/10/10

Hi butterfly

My husband is infirtile. It was a huge shock when we found out. He went through all the emotions of feeling scared, cross etc. But with counseling we got through it. our dogs are our " kids"  now... Go and see someone it will help. good luck and let us know how it is going.

Reply to deee