Question
Posted by: sam | 2007/03/03

infertility body heat

hy me and my hubby are trying for a baby but no lu,durring bedtime my body gets really hot,i have spoken to my gp but he says that m normal my hubby has no symtoms what so ever he is 13 years older than me but i happen to have the sytoms also in the past i sufferd from alot off viginal discharge and thrush but now i haapen to be fine other than the excesive body heat, im really scared becouse i thinki will not be able to concieve i need help i think

Dear Sam

The symptoms you describe are non specific but may be experienced with patients who have thyroid abnormalities or hormonal imbalance as well as conditions such as tubercolosis. However, to be more objective one need to monitor the actual temperature at the time and therefore I would advice the purchase of a digital thermometer. Should the feeling of heat be accompanied by a rise in temperature, this would be significant and should be reported to your GP. If it does persist I would recommed a hormone profile including a thyroid evaluation and should these be negative then there will be little reason for concern.