Question
Posted by: Rolo | 2008/01/13

infertility

Hi Doc, kindly advise my boyfriend and i have been living together for quite some time and we have been trying for a baby for some reason nothing is happening? How do we know where the problem lay? I already have a child from a previous relationship. What shall we do?

Dear Rolo

A very simple approach would be to have your boyfriend’s sperm analysed (spermiogram or semen analysis), This can be arranged with any of the major laboratories ,for eg: Lancet or Ampath or any fertility clinic . Should the sperm analysis be within normal range then it would imply that all probability the problem lies with you.