Question
Posted by: love bug | 2008/01/11

infertility

hi i am 30yrs and me and my husbant want to have more kids
but we have been trying for 4yrs and nothing.we have one child
my husband does not no where to go for to see if he can have kids or not can you help i live in durban

Dear Love bug

A simple sperm analysis can be done at any of the major laboratories based at larger private hospitals such as Lancet laboratoryies or at Ampath laboratories. Should you require a fertility workup as well then I would advise you to consult the St Augustine Hospital for further information or alternatively seek out Dr A Ramdeo.

3
Posted by: Gringo | 2008/01/12

Hi, please could someone help me as well with some information re infertility... we tried for like 5yrs now and are desperate to have a baby soon.Where in Jhburg can I go to? Im going to the Sunninghill hospital for a arm problem. Is there maybe someone therethat i can see?? Or another clinic close by? I live in a african country and will spend a few weeks in SA during March. pse help with information. thanks

Reply to Gringo
Posted by: love bug | 2008/01/12

hi i wonder if you can help i live in durban an would like to no is there spirmdoners bank in the eria can you help thanks

Reply to love bug
Posted by: Jvdw | 2008/01/11

Make an appointment with your gynae or GP. My gynae required that my husband be tested first before she would consider more tests for us. She does this as some men won't admit the problem is with them so she makes sure all the men get tested.

A semen analysis will cost you R550 at Lancet (not covered by Medical Aid) which you pay for at the lab. Your husband can collect the sample jar the night before, and will need to get the sample there within 1/2 an hour in the morning and will need to keep it in his pants or pocket to ensure that it stays at body temp.

The result shouldn't take longer than a couple of days. Your gynae will order a couple of other tests for yourself to rule out endocrine/hormonal problems.

Good luck and I hope your baby dreams come true.

Reply to Jvdw