Question
Posted by: Spools | 2007/03/22

Infertility

I experience an irregular menstrual cycle, In 2005 i didn't get my menstruation at all, and right now i missed my periods for 4 months, i didn't have sexual intercouse in that period, therefore there is no chance of pregnancy. Does this mean that i'm infertile? what are the possible deseases that might be causing this?

Age 22

Dear Spools

Irregular menstrual cycles are generally associated with ovulatory dysfunction, Polycystic ovarian syndrome or hormonal imbalance. Where this is the only problem it is possible to induce ovulation with either tablets or injections and to promote fertility as a consequence.