Question
Posted by: Cloe | 2004/09/29

Infertility

Hi, I have been on the pil for 6 years now. My boyfriend and I don't use a condom or any other means of contraception. For the past six months or so I have not been using the pill. We don't want to fall pregnant now but I just have not had the time to get to a clinic and when I eventually did, I am having a hard time getting back into the habit of drinking the pill every morning. What I need to know is is there any way of checking if I am fertile without paying a fortune and how long on average does it take for the pill (Tryphasal) to work out of your system. Can men have fertility checks done?

Return to fertility on the pill is immediate. `Fertility checking` means investigations and money.Men can have tests on thier semen

1
Posted by: Shirls | 2004/09/29

Cloe

You can have your fertily checked at a fertilty specialist, however they are only willing to do this if you have been trying to conceive for more than a year. Also it is quite expensive if you do not have medical aid. And yes men can have fertility tests to check semen count, morphology,motility and viscosity.

On average it takes about three months for the pill to work out of your system.

Reply to Shirls