Posted by: Curious Candy | 2008/06/10

Infertile.... Maybe???

Hi I have been having a concern over the past week I walked into the Dr's rooms about a week ago and we were joking around regarding babies I the said to him that my partner cannot make babies because I have always thought that since he is a paraplegic(my partner also uses the same Doc) I was surprised to hear him say that, "No your partner can actually still make babies" I have been in this relationship for over 10years and of the 10 he has been paralised for 8years there definately had been many times where I should have fallen pregnant I have never been on contraceptive was once because the gynae advised me to use them as I had irregular periods (I used it for about three months max) also I am 26yrs of age this year and the last time I actually had a pepsmear done was when my child was about 6 weeks old (1998)where do I start first as really I never ever thought that it was me....When I do go to the gynae what is the first thing he needs to do since I have'ntbeen to one in ages???

There are ways to get pregnant despite the paralysis. You may want to see an infertility expert. I suggest you make an appointment with a gynae as soon as you can. he or she would do an exam a pap smear and a scan