Question
Posted by: Devika | 2007/05/10

Infertiity

Please assist

I am 25 and have been diagnosed as been insulin resistant. i have managed to reduce my insulin level to 10 by taking glucophage.
My husband ( 35 yrs) has done a spermiogram and the results stated that he has 2% normal sperm, and a very low sperm count. According to the report there is a 10% chance of his sperm fertilizing one of my eggs.

I have been doing ovulation tests and have noticed that i ovulate once in 2 months. Is this normal?

Please help. We are in desperate need to have a baby.

thanks

Dear Devika

There seems to be a multi-factoral problem in your situation. A prognosis for 2% normal morphology sperm is extremely poor and is a definite consideration for IVF/ ICSI. Added to this is the fact that ovulation is an erratic affair and I would therefore recommend that you proceed directly to IVF/ ICSI.