Question
Posted by: MEME | 2004/03/08

infertelity tests,how to go about doing them?

I WANT TO GO AND MAKE SURE IF I CAN BE ABLE TO CONCEIVE WHEN MY HUSBAND AND I ARE READY TO HAVE CHILDREN,BECAUSE I ONCE SUFFERED FROM ABDOMINAL PAINS BUT THE DOCTORS COULD NOT BE ABLE TO SEE WHAT WAS WRONG WITH ME. SO WHERE DO I GO IF I WANT TO MAKE THEM TESTS.MEME.

You can have a general gynaecological check-up but tests for infertility are quite invasive and are not generally done unless you have a problem falling pregnant. They would include a sperm count on your husband, blood test to check for ovulation and a X-ray with injection of dye through your tubes to see if they are open.

1
Posted by: Dandy | 2004/03/08

Go to a gynae- if you don't have one yet, phone your local hospital and they can refer you to one.
The gynea will do all the check ups for you.
If you've been tracking your monthly cycles and stuff, take all this info with you. It will be useful.

Reply to Dandy