Question
Posted by: Gee | 2004/01/15

Infection or not?

Doc

I fell down a flight of stairs three years ago whilst holding two cold-drink bottles in my hands, luckilly I did suffer any serious injury, only a glass splint stuck in my finger which was not removed. What would like to know is would there a chance that I would get an infection later on and if it is possible for it to be detected and removed completely? I do suffer a slight dissabilty in my finger and it is starting to irritate me at times.

Please help!?

Gee, it is possible for the area around the splinter to become infected and you can have it surgically removed – just ask your GP. Good luck.