Question
Posted by: Karen | 2007/03/19

Infection on Valve

I had dental work done last week Friday. i have a known heart valve problem (Mitral) and took my Moxipen a few minutes before I went to the Dentist to prepare me for a Crown. i am just scared that I might still get I.E. (infective Endocarditis). What would the symptoms be that I have to look out for and will it be sudden or after a few days? thank you, I am really worried now

Dear Karen
Symptoms are
Fever (often spiking)
black marks on your nails ( looks like a splinter under the nail) , red painful spots on your fingers, painless spots on the handpalms and soles of the feet that looks like bleeding under the skin.

I don't think you have to worry - you should be covered by your antibiotic?

1
Posted by: Karen | 2007/03/20

maybe it's nothing to be worried about, but I have noticed these small "splinters" on my nails (about 4 fingers) - not a lot, but about 2 marks on each. I don't have fever, but some times at night I get a bit of a chill.
If I have a slight infection, will it go away without treatment? do I need to be worried?

Reply to Karen