Posted by: LANDI | 2008/07/09


I visited my GP yesterday because I`m having an irregular period (I am on the pill for two years now). I also have pains on my abdomen, they`re not constant but it`s a sharp pain that comes now and again. It also hurts during sex sometimes. He examened me internally and said that I have an infection on my uterus. Is this serious? Should I be going for a pap smear?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

You certainly should have regular pap smears. I don't know how severe your doctor thought the infection was and what treatment was given.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: LANDI | 2008/07/10

We`ll he prescribed two antibiotics and said that if it does`nt clear, I would have to go for an ultrasound. He did`nt give me much information regarding this matter. I previously had infection in my kidney pipe so I don`t know if this might be playing a role. I also had two previous abortions (it was forced, I was still very young) and I have a child to whom a gave birht to naturally. Can my fiance pass something on to me?Could this be playing a role?

Reply to LANDI

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.