Posted by: LANDI | 2008/07/09

I visited my GP yesterday because I`m having an irregular period (I am on the pill for two years now). I also have pains on my abdomen, they`re not constant but it`s a sharp pain that comes now and again. It also hurts during sex sometimes. He examened me internally and said that I have an infection on my uterus. Is this serious? Should I be going for a pap smear?

You certainly should have regular pap smears. I don't know how severe your doctor thought the infection was and what treatment was given.

Posted by: LANDI | 2008/07/10

We`ll he prescribed two antibiotics and said that if it does`nt clear, I would have to go for an ultrasound. He did`nt give me much information regarding this matter. I previously had infection in my kidney pipe so I don`t know if this might be playing a role. I also had two previous abortions (it was forced, I was still very young) and I have a child to whom a gave birht to naturally. Can my fiance pass something on to me?Could this be playing a role?

Reply to LANDI