Question
Posted by: Angie | 2006/04/06

Infection? Allergic Reaction?

Good morning Cyberdoc,

I am 24 yrs old, and not sexually active. Since last night, I have a rash around the opening of my vagina, and it is incredibly itchy and uncomfortable. I have applied Bactroban to the area - was I correct in doing this? As far as I know, thrush is accompanied by a thick white discharge, but I have no discharge at all. Could I be having an allergic reaction to something? I have also started drinking more fluids this past week, meaning I am urinating more frequently - could this be irritating the area? I am quite prone to "geographical tongue", and this seemed to be flaring up again last night. Could these be related at all? Am I perhaps lacking something in my diet?

Hi Angie
You could have a candida infection - the candida fungus grows normally on our skins and it may have flared up because your system is run down at the moment. Get yourself some Canesten cream to use ( the generic one is cheaper) and take Viral choice C for a week or so?

1
Posted by: Lou | 2006/04/06

Sounds like you have an infection - not all infections present with discharge.

Reply to Lou