Posted by: had enough | 2008/07/02


I have a vaginal infetion. Its really yellow (Smells more in summer than winter) right now its just a yeasty type smell (dont have ALOT of thrush, but do have a bit). I've been on a number of things (betadine douche, metro gel, a tablet (cant remember what it was called, but something similar to what the metrogel has in it) and diflucan. All helped for a while, but then the infection came back. My gynae said it was not an STD, so now Im stuck with this infection, tired of getting examined at and not getting any medication that helps. Could I got to my doctor and ask for something without an examination (as I see it as pointless). What medications could stop it? Im pretty desperate now.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear had enough
You should be able to buy anti-yeast cream directly from your pharmacist (Canesten or generics). If the discharge is yellow or green and smells "fishy" then you probably would need to take Metronidazole tablets to clear the infection. Try douching with luke warm water with a few drops of tea tree oil in it?
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Lala | 2008/07/03


Use Culturelle vaginal capsules icw the canestan cream.

Reply to Lala

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.