Question
Posted by: had enough | 2008/07/02

Infection

I have a vaginal infetion. Its really yellow (Smells more in summer than winter) right now its just a yeasty type smell (dont have ALOT of thrush, but do have a bit). I've been on a number of things (betadine douche, metro gel, a tablet (cant remember what it was called, but something similar to what the metrogel has in it) and diflucan. All helped for a while, but then the infection came back. My gynae said it was not an STD, so now Im stuck with this infection, tired of getting examined at and not getting any medication that helps. Could I got to my doctor and ask for something without an examination (as I see it as pointless). What medications could stop it? Im pretty desperate now.

Dear had enough
You should be able to buy anti-yeast cream directly from your pharmacist (Canesten or generics). If the discharge is yellow or green and smells "fishy" then you probably would need to take Metronidazole tablets to clear the infection. Try douching with luke warm water with a few drops of tea tree oil in it?

1
Posted by: Lala | 2008/07/03

Use Culturelle vaginal capsules icw the canestan cream.

Reply to Lala