Question
Posted by: nikki | 2007/07/09

infection

I get a UTI almost everyweek. I've realised that this happens mostly after sex but not all the time. I've noticed that hubby's precum does have an odd smell. Why? Is it normal? When we test his urine it is always clean. If he too has an infection will it show on the stick?
What can I do as these infections are really painfull. When i have to urinate its like I can feel the urine passing down my tube and it hurts like hell? I am on antibiotica almost everyweek as a result and I am also wondering what effect this will have since I am trying to fall pregnant. My doctor told me that a urine sample showed I have toomuch calcium and I don't even get a lot of calcium in. I am afraid of getting kineystones. Please advise.

Dear Nikki
Your husband may have a low grade prostate infection - ask your doctor to check for this. Try to go to the toilet and empty your bladder immediately after sex, and wash the genital area before you have sex - this reduces the chances of any bacteria coming into the bladder tube opening. High calcium levels in the urine is not always caused by getting in too much calcium, it may just be the way that the kidney metabolizes calcium. The urine needs to be sent away for lab testing and if you get more than 3 infections per year you should actually see an urologist.

1
Posted by: sasha | 2007/07/09

i hav some yeast aroung my viginal

Reply to sasha