Question
Posted by: Noo noo | 2005/11/22

Infection?

I have some questions:
Every time I come off a contraceptive I seem to get an infection - don't know what type, but it smells awful. Could there be a link between stopping pill and this?
Where does infection come from - the walls of the vagina or inside the cervix?
Does a smelly discharge from infection always mean that you can get cervical cancer or have cancer?
Are there different types of anitbiotics for different infections or will one strong antibiotic do the trick?
Thanking you,

Women are usually more prone to thrush while on the Pill. It is possible that the hormonal changes when you stop the Pill can cause this. However, the only way to know what type of infection it is, is to see a doctor. Infections can be vaginal, cervical or uterine. They do not nec essarily predispose to cervical cancer. ifferent infectuions may need different antibiotics.